Wednesday 13 December 2017

Uniko December Release - Introducing Stencils: Doodle Flower & Broken Lines

Hopefully when you’re reading this I’ll be on my way home after being stuck in Amsterdam for three days because of the snow! So apologies if this post seems a bit disjointed but I’m using my iPad and it doesn’t seem to like blogger that much and apart from the pics I added before I left home there won’t be any extra.

 My first card uses the new flower stencil and is, as Sarah always says, a twofer. I used brushos through the stencil and then took a print of the negative which I’ve used for this and the next card.


I die cut the panel and used one part for this card and one part for the next card. The sentiment is from two older Uniko sets.



Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Simply Said Blocks, Happy Succulents
Inks: SU rich razzleberry; Brusho, purple & crimson
Stencil: Uniko, Doodle Flower
Die: MFT Die-namics, stitched basic edges 


And this is the twofer using the other bit of the die cut:


Once again I used a sentiment from another Uniko set.

Supplies:
Stamps: UnikoPure Florals Lily
Inks: SU rich razzleberry; Brusho, purple & crimson
Stencil: Uniko, Doodle Flower
Die: MFT Die-namics, stitched basic edges
 


My last card uses the broken lines stencil placed once with brushos and then turned and embossing paste used through the stencil. 


A simple die cut greeting finished off my card.


Supplies:
Stencil: Uniko, Broken Lines
Embossing: Dreamweaver paste
Inks: Brusho, yellow & turquoise 
Die: Lil'inker, HI

Well I’ve struggled to the end of my post, hope it’s not too disjointed. Do go visit the Uniko blog for a much more detailed and sane description of today’s introduction. Thanks for bearing with me today.

And keep (Christmas) crafting!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Great two-fer- love the slightly grungey look and ingenious idea pairing scoring with the lines stencil. Hope you had a great time in Amsterdam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards!! Love the first one, it's a great use of the stencil!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see Brushos in action, the more I'm tempted (just need more space and a bigger crafting budget *grin*). LOVE your vibrant floral twofers and the combination of the paste/ink on the second really has impact! Yet again, you are such an inspiration!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards.
    Love the stenciling work.
    Getting two cards from one
    die cut was a good idea.
    thanks for sharing some
    wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness ! Your flowers backgrounds are awesome !! margessw@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning cards and great inspiration - really LOVE the design and color combo on the first two cards - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried yet Brushos with stencil but when I see your gorgeous cards I think I'll try soon as well as the Twofer technique ! Stunning third card two, love the mix of Brushos and embossing paste, at first sight I thought it was scored lines through the stencil ! Fabulous ! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic takes with the stencils Jane and oozing inspiration! The depth of colour in the twofers is awesome and I'm aiming over the broken lines criss-crossed with inks and texture paste! Yummy colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you have added ink to the stencils and the fact that the result isn't exact makes the results even more amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good idea! I really like the effect you get using the brusho through the stencils. And getting two cards for one is a super idea. I do like the way you've used the broken lines too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.