Friday 15 September 2017

Friday Focus

I'm in scrapbook mode today and sharing a page I made using the first September sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.

http://stucksketches.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/september-1-2017-challenge-reveal.html

Such a fabulous sketch isn't it? I think they're currently my favourite place to go to for sketches.


I decided to mainly use stamps on this layout and picked up on colours from the two photos. Couldn't resist these photos, one because they're such fun and two because it's not often I get this teenager in willing posing for a photo mood.


I started by placing the photos and then stamping the horizontal lines. Next the embellishment clusters were all placed - some stamped and hand cut, some die cut.


The splashes of yellow were to echo the gold on the stag's antlers in the background of the photos. i also like how the contrast to the other colours just lifts the whole page.


Supplies:
Paper: Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls, dark sand
Stamps: Uniko, Background Builders Seeing Stars; Precious Remembrance Shop, DIY & Positive Thoughts
Inks: SU, daffodil delight, lost lagoon, pacific point, dapper denim
Card: SU, tranquil tide + scraps of yellow & blue from my stash
Dies: Xcut, arrows; MFT Die-namics, ampersand, cute cameras
Embellishments: SU, enamel stars dapper denim

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today, I've enjoyed your company.  And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you used stamps instead of strips for your background! Fun technique and lovely page. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so awesome I am loving the stamping in lieu of paper strips! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so fabulous, I love the star theme to the layout. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.