Wednesday 9 August 2017

Wednesday Words

OK so the new challenge at Less is More has the title Tropical Fruits. Well that threw me for a while until I read the post more carefully and realised it's the colours of tropical fruits they're after not necessarily the fruits themselves. Panic over!

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/challenge-340-tropical-fruits.html


So thinking hot pinks, oranges and yellows I grabbed some distress inks and got creating.


I used the little bottles of re-inkers and dropped picked raspberry and mustard seed on opposite sides of an acrylic block, spritzed with water and took an impression first on watercolour card and then on ordinary card. It was the second less intense impression that I used for this card.

 

I die cut a stitched panel and stamped a couple of circles and then matted it on to hot pink cardstock. The sentiment was heat embossed on to black card - loving the contrast. Also loving that quote. With all the challenges I try out I should be super strong by now - but maybe it doesn't actually mean craft challenges!

Supplies:
Stamps: Precious Remembrance Shop, Positive Thoughts
Inks: SU pumpkin pie;  Ranger distress, picked raspberry, mustard seed; Versafine, clear
Embossing: Ranger superfine, white
Die: MFY Die-namics, double stitched rectangles
Embellishments: Sequins from my stash

Super pleased to have you drop by today, please come back again soon.  And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I like this a lot, who doesn't love a splat?!?!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative Jane ! Love how you made this stunning panel and your combo of colours is wonderful! What a great sentiment too, it is so true ! An amazing take on our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Ooozing those tropical fruity colours Jane ... I feel a cocktail coming on for sure! Beautiful inky panel of vibrant colours and popped to perfection on the hot pink card base. Thanks as always for playing along at Less is More x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such vibrant colours, Jane! Love the arty panel on that scrummy pink base.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.