Monday 4 April 2016

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday Challenge #57

Hey! I'm here today to show you how I used the sketch from The Memory Nest's new Make It Monday challenge.


http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2016/04/make-it-monday-no-57.html

I love including some right now or currently pages in each of my yearly albums and decided for today's sketch I'd focus on the youngest of my grandsons.


I rifled through my stash and found these bright scraps as well as a whole 12x12 sheet in blue - they've all been lurking there so long I no longer know the make.


I used the sketch to build the basics, then left it on my desk overnight and added some extra label stickers, the arrow and the word the next morning. I often do this when crafting and find distancing myself for a while helps to clarify my thoughts about how to progress or sometimes to just leave a project as it is.


I used the second photo spot from the sketch for some boxes which I created digitally before handwriting the journalling.

Supplies:
Papers: large sheet & scraps from my stash
Alphas: Freckled Fawn, Puffy Alphabet Stickers
Stickers: Simple Stories, So Rad; Lilybee Designs, Labels

I'm thinkng this sketch worked really well for this theme and - here's a little heads up - my page for the next Make It Monday will be featuring my other two grandsons as the sketch really insisted that I use two photos.

Thanks for looking at my blog today. Maybe you'll be inspired to make scrapbook page or card using this sketch - really hope so. Go check out the rest of the DT projects here and then get crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love the design of this! Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, I love everything about this! Love how you turned the sketch, love how you negative spaced the sketch, love how you did the journaling...love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable page!! LOVE the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.