Monday 3 August 2015

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday 45




Ready for a new challenge at The Memory Nest? Well just take a peek at the new Make It Monday sketch and you're bound to be itching to get started.

http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2015/08/make-it-monday-no-45.html

I broke out my newly acquired Summer Vibes collection from Simple Stories and my page just flew together.


We'd not been strawberry picking for years and had totally forgotten 1. how good warm sundrenched strawberries taste and 2. what a back breaking task it is! We also managed to pick one of the hottest days of the year which didn't help, but at least we didn't have to go far down the rows as there was an abundance of strawberries.


I used a stencil for the mint background shapes - an absolutely fabulous mix on this Rebekah Meier stencil - and a stamp for the watermelon grunge splodges. The little x button is from a White Stuff clothes label, it was just too pretty to throw away!


I made myself a tag to add my journalling and popped it under the background panel. I'm loving the little chipboard flowers and dotty stickers from the Summer Vibes collection.

Supplies:
Papers & chipbord: Simple Stories, Summer Vibes
Stencil: TCW Rebekah Meier, mini postcard
Stamp: SU, gorgeous grunge
Inks: SU, mint macaron, crisp cantaloupe
Card: SU, mint macaron, watermelon wonder
Punch: Martha Stewart, heart
Die: Spellbinders, standard circles small
Sprinkle with a X is from a White Stuff dress label

OK, that's me done so now it's your turn. Have fun! Loads more inspiration for you here.

Just before I go I'm sharing my three photos that made me smile in July. It seems right to add them to this post as it was DT member Rachel that inspired me to do this in the first place.

This month it's all about my grandboys:

1. 11 years old already and off to secondary school in September, unbelievable. So here he is with his  birthday present - an electric guitar. I'm sure my boys were at least 15 years before they got theirs - everything happens earlier these days!


2. Still wearing his dressing up Harry Potter glasses - and this boy loves dressing up and it seems posing for the camera!


3. The newest littlest one wearing not only a thudguard helmet but three bruises - only one visible - from the inevitable tumbles that happen when you find your feet before you have the knowledge to keep holding onto something!


Hope they made you smile too!

Thanks for visiting and keep crafting!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Your grandboys are beautiful (handsome). Love their personalities which I can see in the photos!! Such a pretty page that you created with the sketch!! Gotta love simple stories - the line was perfect for your pretty photos!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.