Wednesday 22 July 2015

The Male Room #15

A new fun challenge over at The Male Room this next fortnight using two great staples - spots and stripes.

http://www.themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

I started by stamping a background of stripes using the Stampin Up gorgeous hardwood stamp in two different orientations. I adore this stamp and am always looking for opportunities to ink it up.


Next I die cut the hooray from some spotty paper and then used a circular die to give the shape I needed for the design I had in my head. This was a little flimsy, but I managed to cut down some foam pads to add it to the purple banner and stabilise it.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU, Hardwood
Ink: SU, crumb cake
Paper: SU, Moonlight stack
Die: Clearly Besotted, Circle Hooray; Spellbinder, standard circle small

So what will you create? Be sure to check out the rest of the DT creations and our fabulous Guest Designer -  Monika of Creative with Monika, bound to be something to spark your creativity.

Thanks for your visit today. And keep crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card Jane! I always have trouble with masculine cards - need to get myself a wood effect stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant take on the challenge. Love the colours, the stripey woodgrain background and that fabulous sentiment! Great work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for using spot PP Jane..love that banner in purple and the strip behind it..clever DT card...see you around sweet friend..
    Hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAY for the spots!! Awesome card Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought of using Hardwood to create stripes, clever you! Love the spotty hooray which pops off the purple banner. Awesome card
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous use of spots and stripes!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.