Thursday 14 May 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches #124

This week at CAS Colours & Sketches we have a sketch for you. It's designed by Stef our hostess for this month. And such a super sketch too! I really had fun and did something a bit different for me with those squares.


http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2015/05/challenge-124-sketch.html 

So I had this idea to use a fairy in place of the butterfly and while I was rooting through my box of Lavinia stamps I rediscovered the Fairy Words stamp. That sent my brain whirring and I decided to give it a go - and this is what I came up with:


The two smaller squares became windows and the large square became a raised element.


A trio of shimmer dots and some Wink of Stella was added just to give some extra sparkle.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia, Fairy Words, Pixie 2
Inks: Versafine. onyx black; Adirondack, purple twilight
Dies: Spellbinders, classic square large; Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles
Embellishments: Wink of Stella, clear; Papermania, shimmer dots

So what do you think? I'm hoping you liked my step out of my comfort zone!

Remember to check out what the rest of the DT have created to inspire you over at CAS Colours & Sketches - such a talented bunch of ladies.

Thanks for your time today. And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Love how you created depth with your background sentiment stamp. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jane! The background is beautiful and there is so much interest in your card! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your card so much from the sketch site, I had to come leave you some major praise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three very different cards from the rest of the DT and all gorgeous. Seemed like everyone liked the sketch. I wouldn't have guessed you were out of your comfort zone! Well done too on your GD spot at Uniko, great card for Bev's birthday. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like all the dimension you've given your card! Super job, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.