Sunday 19 April 2015

Sunday Slot

I've been busy catching up on some of the challenges I like to enter - three yesterday and two more today. Make the Day Special have a tic-tac-toe board and Happy Little Stampers want stencilling.

http://makethedayspecialcards.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenges.html                         http://www.happylittlestampers.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/hls-april-cas-challenge-reminder-2.html 

My card uses the bottom line of the board, stripes, diecuts and feminine and as it uses a stencil I'm hoping it's considered CAS, although I'm aware there's not that much white space.

I started by using a stencil to get my ombre stripes and then die cut the hearts once from the background and four more times from plain card. The plain hearts were then glued together with the stripy one on the top and replaced into the background - a technique I learnt from the online class Stretch your Dies, here.


I added a die cut 'hugs' and stamped the 'sending' to finish off my card.

Supplies:
Dies: Lawn Fawn, Hugs & Hearts
Stencil: Memory Box, wave
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Say It In Style
Inks: SU, daffodil delight, calypso coral, melon mambo; Memento, tuxedo black

Thanks for dropping by today, hope your weekend is progressing peacefully and you've found time to:
Keep Crafting! 

post signature

5 comments:

  1. fab card- love the colours used for the stripes

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative and fun Jane. Love this technique with the raised die-cut hearts. Fabulous stencil and colours. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great background love the ombre effect. Thanks for playing along with us at Make the day special stamp store.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's still CAS- the stripes are the same and the card isn't too busy! Great card! Thanks for joining in with the MTDS challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. really striking card!
    Thanks for playing along at Make the Day Special Stamp Store.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.