Thursday 30 April 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches - #122

As there's a fifth Thursday this month it's a double challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches this week.


http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-122-double.html

Now this sketch had me thinking hard and every time I had an idea it seemed the colours weren't suitable. So I reversed my thinking and started with the colours, trawled through my stamps and card and came up with this:


I'm really loving this lawn fawn border die at the moment and keep trying to add it to all my cards. I thought it was curvy enough to use for the wavy line on the sketch. And the card really is a good match to Island Indigo in real life, just couldn't get the photo to reflect this. I handcut the monkey in Calypso Coral card and looped his tail over the sentiment to look as if he was swinging from it.


Finally to include the wisteria wonder colour I added a trio of flowers and a finishing sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Wild Thing & In Stitched Easter - flower & matching die
Ink: SU, wisteria wonder
Dies: Lawn Fawn, large stitched square stackable & Happy Birthday border

Have fun with this double challenge! I look forward to seeing how you all interpret it.

And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! That monkey is so cute and love how he is hanging from the sentiment!!! Plus we sing an extended birthday song and the last verse says you look like a monkey and act like one too!! So this card made me think of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cheeky monkey, hanging of the sentiment, what a fab way to use the sketch. Brilliant job.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little monkey is darling! As Leslie mentioned in her comment, he works well with the birthday sentiment. Great job with the double challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.