Saturday 29 November 2014

Saturday Slot

A card for the last of this month's challenges at CAS Colours & Sketches is my share today.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/sketch-challenge-102.html 

It had to be another Christmas card, maybe in December I'll stop! So I chose two of my favourite colours to combine for Christmas - aqua and red. I always think they look so fresh against a white background.


I started by stamping the long diagonal lines and intended to stamp a greeting in place of the two shorter lines. But as I was searching through my stamps I came across this die cut that I'd stored away for future use and really liked the contrast of the loopy font with the linear look of the lines.


I finished off with fairly random stamping of red flower heads and some berries in the centre of each pine needle.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Holiday Sentiments; Uniko Studio, Background Builders Vines
Inks: SU, pool party, cherry cobbler
Die: Clearly Besotted, Merry Christmas

So pleased you dropped by today, thank you for your time.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Jane, I really like your "out of the box" approach to the sketch! I agree with you about the fresh look of the aqua and red color scheme, too. Nicely done! Thanks for joining us again this week at CC&S - and good luck to you in the DT search! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I really love aqua and red together too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on Lizy's sketch - lovely colours - thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your interpretation of the sketch, great colours and superbly CAS. Good luck with the DT call and thanks for sharing all your lovely creations with us at CAS Colours and Sketches this month- I've really looked forward to seeing them and you didn't disappoint!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.