Sunday 5 October 2014

AAA Cards Game 23 - PLAY with Watercolours

Did you have fun with the MacGyver challenge last week? It certainly looked like it from the amazing entries we had.  Are you ready for a new AAA Cards game? Well here goes then with the ever popular invitation to PLAY with watercolours.

 

Such a vibrant and beautiful inspiration card this week!  I can see a peacock in there, wonder what you see?


So this week I'm using vibrant colours too - brusho powders - and including a little picture tutorial to show how I did it.

1. I put some powder into a pot, the brusho powders are so intense you only need the tiniest amount.

 

2.  I mixed in a little water to make a very runny but incredibly vibrant colour. I mixed up two more colours.


 3. I used a paintbrush to add the colours to some watercolour card.


4. I added some dishwasher salt to see what would happen.


5. I spritzed it with water.


6. I tipped the card to merge the colours and then left it to dry.  By this time I was pretty much covered in colour and so was my work surface. Plenty of newspaper next time then!


 7. The salt made interesting little puddles of colour - which in the end were not a feature of my card, but it was fun to experiment and store the results for the future.  I stamped an image over the brusho colours.


8. I die cut some spiro circles and popped them on top of some stamped stalks.


9. I added a sentiment and my card was complete.


I absolutely love the brilliant brusho colours, but I have to warn you that even a microdot of spilt powder makes the most amazing mess. Also it's probably not a good idea to wash away the left over paint in a white bathroom basin - found bits of colour there for several days!

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous, Agapanthus & Thank You
Brusho: turquoise, ultramarine, yellow
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black

Thanks for spending some time with me today.  Have fun PLAYing with watercolours!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Amazing job with those watercolors Jane! I just love how the blues and greens mix to create new shades of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! As soon as I saw the card, I was thing that the colors were so vibrant and cool looking. So glad you shared the technique. Beautiful end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed and blown away with the technique you have shared with us Jane! Your card is just simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.