Thursday 6 March 2014

Thursday Thoughts

My card for today is for the current Uniko Studio colour challenge with a distress or vintage theme.  I've been thinking about what to do for this challenge for a while and then BAM! the answer just hit me.  Consequently the card came together in no time at all despite being a multi layered affair.

First I used my inkylicious duster brushes to add colour to the background and distressed the edges with my scissors. I used the Graphic Flowers die to cut some matching patterned paper and distressed the edges.

Next I stamped the heart in two toning colours, cut it out and then distressed and inked the edges. I punched a butterfly, distressed the edges and added some rick rack, a button and twine bow. Finally I stamped the sentiment. I'm quite smitten with this card!



[Uniko Studio Challenge] No. 7 - Distressed or Vintage


 

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Always & Froever, All Occasion Sentiments #5
Die: Uniko Studio, Graphic Flowers Time
Inks: Adirondack, pool; Memento, tangelo, potters clay, toffee crunch
Paper: Basic Grey, hopscotch 6 x 6 paper pad
Embellishments: hemp twine, rick rack & button from my stash

So pleased you dropped by today - thank you!

Jane
 *** 
  

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh Jane, this is stunning. I love the background you've created & the cluster of elements is beautiful. Thank you SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the flower stamped onto the die cut! stunning and beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.