Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday Slot

I have one last little bit of my Christmas Journal to share at The Memory Nest, then with all the decorations taken down yesterday that's me done. Before that, though, I want to share a birthday card I made for my husband ready for his day when he becomes older than me again after sharing my age for two days.

I used the sketch from CAS(E) this sketch as my starting point. I love the simplicity of this sketch and how it translated into a clean simple masculine card that I found very satisfying to make. I used shades of blue, as these are his favourite colours, but think it would lend itself easily to other colour combos too.


 
Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, All Occasion Sentiments #2
Ink: Memento, Danube blue, London fog
Embellishments: buttons and ribbon from my stash

 

2 comments:

  1. FABulous take on the sketch and use of All Occasion Sentiments #2. A perfect masculine card, I am sure your husband will LOVE. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your take on the sketch! You've nailed the graphic, masculine look and those buttons are the perfect touch and an excellent sequin substitute! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.