Friday 31 January 2014

Friday Focus

A couple of projects to share today.

First up a card using the colours from the current ColourQ challenge.  Since they were so pink I decided to make new baby girl card to complement the baby boy card from the other week.  I did intend simply to do a pink version of the blue card, seen here, but in the end it looked completely different. 

I stamped the congratulations panel in pale pink first and built the other panels around it.  Somehow the pale colour meant the sentiment was getting lost, so I tried the darker pink on a piece of scrap, which I luked much more.  Then I wondered what it would look like with the pale pink stamped slightly to one side, a sort of shadow effect and I liked that even more.  So that's what I went with.



 

Supplies:
Stamp: Uniko Studio, All Occasion Sentiments #1
Ink: Memento, angel pink, rose bud
Embossing: Cuttlebug, swiss dots & baby pram
Embellishments: twine


Next I want to share my envelope calendar I made ages ago for 2014.  My idea was that I would be able to store photos and memorabilia in each pocket as the year progresses.  I chose my favourite Tilda stamp for the cover and aqua, lemon and kraft as a peaceful colour combo. I think these colours come a close second to my favourite purples and pinks.


And here's a peek inside:

So throughout January I've added a couple of receipts and my first ever attempt at crochet - more about this in coming weeks. I chose a photo and added a favourite quote and then decided it just had to have a little journalling so I made a card and added a few key things about this month.

So here's my January pocket and a closer look at some of its contents.








Thanks for dropping by today, hope you've enjoyed reading about what I've been up to!

Jane
 ***

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet baby card, Jane, love how you used the colors! Glad to see you here at the colourQ this week, thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet baby card - love that embossed pram...I've never seen that before and the stamped sentiment looks wonderful with the dots. Your envelope calendar is just gorgeous too! Thanks for playing along with Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, wow such amazing creations hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful baby card design Jane and what a fun calendar.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful creations!! specially love the little calendar!! I have blog candy...I hope you can join in!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.