Friday 2 August 2013

Friday magic

Another very warm and sunny, but humid day. I've just opend the window near my computer and bliss! A breeze stirring the air.

I was really sad to discover yesterday that The Play Date Cafe colour challenge blog is shutting down.  Just my luck to only have recently found it and loved it and now it's gone.  So I searched a bit and found a different colour challenge, Color Throwdown, and that was the basis for today's card. I've used the layout from Freshly Made Sketches rotated landscape and a lovely poppy field stamp from Inkylicious.  Hope you like it.


        

Supplies:
Stamps: Inkylicious, Poppy Lea; Papermania, sentiments
Inks: Memento, London Fog, Peanut Brittle; Adirondack, Sail Boat Blue
Ppaer & card: My Mind's Eye, the sweetest thing, bluebell & bits from my stash
Punch: tonic studios
Embellishments: Glossy Accents
 
I have now finished all my 36 patchwork stars and was hoping to get some sashed together this afternoon, but it's just so hot I may have to sit outside in the shade instead.  At the moment they're all laid out on the spare bed and will need packing away as tomorrow the family invasion begins. Really looking forward to their arrival, haven't seen them since early June, but I am wondering if I'll find time to keep blogging. I suppose I'll just have to see how it goes.

Thanks for looking.

Jane

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene of wild flowers! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great stamp to use for this sketch. And I love the color combo. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Your card is so calming with those delicate little flowers! thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely take on the sketch. I love the wildflower meadow image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you found our challenge blog...this is a great use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along and hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.