Wednesday 24 July 2013

Wednesday love

Back to scrapbooking today for a challenge at the memory nest.  I love this sketch. It's a bit like all the project life pages that are so popular at the moment. I'm sure I'll return to this layout for more pages in the future.  But I suppose it was the colours that led me to the photos of Andrew sitting so peacefully soaking up the tranquility of the countryside on the Isle of Man.


    

When I placed the photo at the top I realised I was going to have to crop a major part of what I felt showed the atmosphere of the place to make it fit and I really did want to use this snap.  So I decided to try splitting it over the two top squares and I quite like how it looks. It seems to elongate the view even more. Hope you agree!

Supplies:
Card & paper: My Mind's Eye, Abbey Road; Bo Bunny, a gift of love; ep, times & seasons & country drive & from my stash
Dies: Spellbinders labels 1
Alphas: from my stash
Embellishments: buttons, twine & stickers from my stash

Thanks for looking.

Jane

9 comments:

  1. beautiful colours love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dark background for this, the papers you chose and how you carried your photo over onto the other square. Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you put that part of the photo into the other square. It really adds so much feeling to your page. I wish it was me sitting in that chair enjoying that great view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the challenge. Your page is so relaxing. Thank you for joining us at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I love what you did with the picture and the sketch. Great choice of greens and browns. A very serene page. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job with the challenge. I love your banners. Thanks for playing along at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the sketch and the papers are amazing. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use that whole top photo. This is a lovely page. Thanks for joining us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous view! I think I would just sit and chill if I were there as well. This is a wonderful layout and a great take on the sketch and colors. Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.